5 Minutes of Data Science - week 5
Highlights from January 30 to February 05
There’s so much going on around ChatGPT - that includes newsletters, blog posts, research, etc! Enjoy.
See you next week! Come say hi on Mastodon.
- Last Week in AI Podcast is back! ChatGPT, ChatGPT, ChatGPT, and some other stuff, by Last Week in AI
- 🔥 Your guide to AI: February 2023, by Guide to AI
- The ChatGPT Models Family, by The AI Edge
- Machine Learning Monthly Newsletter 💻🤖, by Zero To Mastery
- 🥇Top ML Papers of the Week, by NLP news
- NLP Newsletter: Detecting AI-Generated Text, Text-to-4D, ML Papers Explained, MusicLM,…, by NLP news
Reddit’s top posts
- What else is left? Should I continue with my masters in DS?, at r/Data Science (💬269)
- Be careful with AI influencers marketing themself as data scientists or data experts, at r/Data Science (💬120)
- I’m the only “data scientist” at my company and have lost all motivation and want to leave but feel bad. Any advice?, at r/Data Science (💬107)
- Google announces Dreamix: a model that generates videos when given a prompt and an input image/video., at r/Machine Learning (💬124)
- I made a browser extension that uses ChatGPT to answer every StackOverflow question, at r/Machine Learning (💬129)
- Getty Images Claims Stable Diffusion Has Stolen 12 Million Copyrighted Images, Demands $150,000 For Each Image, at r/Machine Learning (💬279)
- Is this an example of p-hacking?, at r/Ask Statistics (💬12)
- R coding advice?, at r/Ask Statistics (💬24)
- Unsure of whether to use T-test or Z-test, at r/Ask Statistics (💬4)
- Hi-ResNet: High resolution image classifier. (448, 896, 1792 sq.px.), at r/Latest in ML (💬1)
Github jupyter notebook trends
- udlbook: Understanding Deep Learning - Simon J.D. Prince
- Data-Science-For-Beginners: 10 Weeks, 20 Lessons, Data Science for All!
- Made-With-ML: Learn how to responsibly develop, deploy and maintain production machine learning applications.
- stable-diffusion: A latent text-to-image diffusion model
- whisper: Robust Speech Recognition via Large-Scale Weak Supervision
- nn-zero-to-hero: Neural Networks: Zero to Hero
- CLIP: Contrastive Language-Image Pretraining
- stable-diffusion-webui-colab: stable diffusion webui colab
- zero_to_gpt: Go from no deep learning knowledge to implementing GPT.
- machine-learning-for-trading: Code for Machine Learning for Algorithmic Trading, 2nd edition.
- TensorFlow-Examples: TensorFlow Tutorial and Examples for Beginners (support TF v1 & v2)
- ChatGPT_Trading_Bot: This is the code for the “ChatGPT Trading Bot” Video by Siraj Raval on Youtube
- disco-diffusion: None
- ComputerVision: None
- google-research: Google Research
- ColabFold: Making Protein folding accessible to all!
- notebooks: Jupyter notebooks for the Natural Language Processing with Transformers book
- codespaces-jupyter: Explore machine learning and data science with Codespaces
- DeepLearningExamples: State-of-the-Art Deep Learning scripts organized by models - easy to train and deploy with reproducible accuracy and performance on enterprise-grade infrastructure.
Github python trends
- ChatGPT: Reverse engineered ChatGPT API
- Open-Assistant: OpenAssistant is a chat-based assistant that understands tasks, can interact with third-party systems, and retrieve information dynamically to do so.
- ChatRWKV: ChatRWKV is like ChatGPT but powered by RWKV (100% RNN) language model, and open source.
- chatGPT-discord-bot: Integrate ChatGPT into your own discord bot
- musiclm-pytorch: Implementation of MusicLM, Google’s new SOTA model for music generation using attention networks, in Pytorch
- audiolm-pytorch: Implementation of AudioLM, a SOTA Language Modeling Approach to Audio Generation out of Google Research, in Pytorch
- DeepFaceLive: Real-time face swap for PC streaming or video calls
- DeepFaceLab: DeepFaceLab is the leading software for creating deepfakes.
- BioGPT: None
- Git-Heat-Map: Visualise a git repository by diff activity
- LAVIS: LAVIS - A One-stop Library for Language-Vision Intelligence
- git-sim: Visually simulate Git operations in your own repos with a single terminal command.
- whisperX: WhisperX: Automatic Speech Recognition with Word-level Timestamps (& Diarization)
- buzz: Buzz transcribes and translates audio offline on your personal computer. Powered by OpenAI’s Whisper.
- PaddleSpeech: Easy-to-use Speech Toolkit including Self-Supervised Learning model, SOTA/Streaming ASR with punctuation, Streaming TTS with text frontend, Speaker Verification System, End-to-End Speech Translation and Keyword Spotting. Won NAACL2022 Best Demo Award.
- Casual Affective Triggers, by Data Skeptic
- 3D assets & simulation at NVIDIA, by Practical AI
- Navigating Career Changes in Machine Learning - Chris Szafranek, by Data Talks
- Prof. LUCIANO FLORIDI - ChatGPT, Superintelligence, Ethics, Philosophy of Information, by Machine Learning Street Talk
- Introducing ChatGPT Plus, by Open AI
- New AI classifier for indicating AI-written text, by Open AI
- Computer vision for automated quality inspection, by Amazon Science
- Amazon’s quantum computing papers at QIP 2023, by Amazon Science
- Where machine learning models meet mobility and human behavior, by Amazon Science